Ballywalter Park is a private dwelling designed by Sir Charles Layon in 1846, commissioned by Andrew Mulholland Esq. Currently owned by the 6th Lord Dunleath, Brian Henry Mulholland. Gardens were laid out for the earlier house in 1730. Mature trees and Rhododendron collection dominate the pleasure grounds.
A 2,8 acre walled kitchen garden was established in the 1730’s, the walls, backsheds, water supply, hotwalls and pithouse are in good condition, the glasshouse(s) in fair condition with heating pipes still visible. While animal housing is in good condition the gardeners housing and bothies are delapidated. Pithouse is now used for propagation, glasshouse used for peaches, nectarines, apricots, grapes, roses and physalis. In addition to fruit trees, soft fruit, cardoons, artichokes and asparagus, annual vegetables, salads and flowers are grown for the family and local restaurants.