The walled kitchen garden with elegant gardener’s house, designed by Samuel Wyatt in 1805, was once a centre of horticultural excellence. It is currently undergoing a major restoration project. The gardeners grow early 19th century crops, with tools, techniques and dress of that period. Glasshouses, orchard, mushroom tunnels and the head gardener’s house are still to be restored. Jointly owned by the National Trust and Staffordshire County Council.