Acquired by National Trust in 1939. 2004 opened in its present form as working family Georgian house and garden. Walled kitchen garden. Planted with produce to supply the working Georgian kitchen. As far as is practicable most plants are pre 1770 and therefore historically accurate for a late Georgian garden. Managed organically, medicinal herbs are grown in the physic beds under the apple trees, the east and west walls are used to grow local varieties of espalier apples and pears.