Thank you for opening this update. Many of you will have been wondering whether we will be able to go ahead with the Symposium – and the answer is yes! However with the ongoing difficulties due to the Coronavirus, we have decided to take the event online. We are also hoping that many more of you will be able to join the Symposium this way. Please read on:
We are extremely happy to report that the Symposium is enjoying a great response – we already exceed 100 participants. The issue though is that people living outside France are hesitant to commit themselves to travelling to Chambord with the uncertainty surrounding Covid
This is why we have decided to offer to you a new organization for the symposium:
- The symposium will, as planned, start on October 15, but it will be a virtual conference run from Chambord and its new kitchen garden.
- The symposium will continue with 3 more virtual conferences, each devoted to one of the issues planned for Chambord. These conferences, that we call “Chambord Conversations” will consist in presentations/discussions with the same speakers as the ones planned in Chambord.
- Then finally, in 2021, as soon as the health situation permits it, we will all meet face-to-face in Chambord!
We are obviously disappointed at the prospect of not meeting you, physically, in Chambord on October 15, but
- on the one hand we believe that if we want to keep the European character of the symposium, we have no choice,
- and on the other hand, we are convinced, that with mixing virtual and physical meetings we can have a great symposium, may be an even greater one. The main advantage of the new organisation is that we can have a much more collaborative symposium.
We look forward to meeting you soon!
Amis du Potager du Roi
Walled Kitchen Gardens Network
September 11 2020